To add an index to an existing attribute:
- Invoke Oracle Directory Services Manager and connect to the Oracle Internet Directory server as described in "Invoking Oracle Directory Services Manager".
- From the task selection bar, select Schema.
- Select an attribute that is not currently indexed that you want to add the index to.
- Click the The attribute will be cataloged/decataloged icon. When the Confirm Dialog appears, click Confirm.
- The Indexed box indicates that the attribute is indexed.